Wednesday 29 April 2009

Great Uncle Guppy

I recently found this portrait of my Great Uncle Guppy, an American ancestor. He lived in Massachusetts in a small town called Innsmouth. Apparently, he got in with a bad crowd over there and dissapeared in the early 1900's. I'm not exactly sure which side of the family he comes from as there seems to be some bitterness about him and his "dealings." No-one else in the family looks quite as fishy as he does though...
Apologies for the cheesy Lovecraft reference! Another attempt to get back into painting and the first in a series of ten "portraits" I'm working on. Some bits of this I like, some I don't. I was going for an old photo/portrait look and I'm not sure I really got it. I'd like to get a better scan of this as the original painting is a lot darker!
Acrylic on canvas paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails