Thursday 16 July 2009

More Genki Gear Designs!

I'm going to be doodling ideas for a new t-shirt design for Genki Gear's October range. Rather than use an exisiting image like my last two tees, this one will be a new design, which I'm particularly excited about! I've decided to go for a Yokai based design, Yokai being Japanese ghosts. Japanese folklore is fascinating and has some of the best ghost stories as well as the oddest. Case in point is the Karakasa; an umbrella with one big eye and a gaping mouth, based on the legend that if an inamimate object exists for 100 years it will be granted life! I've drawn quite a few Yokai and choosing a design for a tee will be hard, but that's what my sketchbook is for!
For more on Yokai and Japanese folklore, have a look here.

2 comments:

  1. hey this design looks cool!



    *loves*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't know if it'll get used or not but it was fun to draw! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails