Monday 16 November 2009

Creatively Wedged


Yet again, I have succumbed to the fearful artist's block. And what's worse is I do have a lot of work to get on with, I just can't seem to get motivated in the slightest! I've already posted about this subject so I wont bore people with the usual "what-can-I-do-to-get-out-of-this" gunf as I'll do what I always do. The added frustration this time comes with the fact that my brain is churning out ideas yet when I sit down and try to draw them, my motivation drops drastically. In the meantime, whilst trying to draw and paint, I'm watching Reno 911!, reading Flashforward and Revolutionary Road, playing Animal Crossing and trying to find my copy of We Heart Katamari. Come on, Brain!

4 comments:

  1. I think it takes a lot just to come out and say it, and I think just doing that helps you feel less guilty about it.

    I hope it eases during the week but if not I hope we can help you on Friday.

    And I'm really sorry I haven't visited your new house yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it on friday now as I'm going home. Pity I'll miss it but hopefully some downtime at home will give me a kick start!

    No worries on the house visit; we've all been a bit busy the last few weeks! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear it's not just me then! (sorry that's not helpful!!)... it's always the case when you have lots to do you get 'blocked' - I think it's the pressure you put on yourself to work through it all, especially when you have the ideas buzzing around your head and you can't get them out. I always find it helps to take a step back from it, have a natter to some friends, clear your head, put on your favourite music and then look at it all again with a fresh pair of eyes. I'm sure you'll get through this ok, you're work is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ginger Bred! Yeah, I do exactly that when I'm stuck and it always works itself out. I'm off home for afew days at the end of the week so I think a change of scene would help too!

    Thanks for the support! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails