Wednesday 3 February 2010

Doodlings and 2010 musings.


I always find January a weird month; all the build up before xmas and then bleh! Everyone's broke and grumpy, myself included! It's only the start of Feb and I'm already berating myself about what I've achieved. Given that I've had positive feedback from a couple of publishers, had some commissions, almost drawn a full-length book and may be involved in a very exciting project (more on that as things hopefully pan out), I don't think I've done too badly. But being the self-flagellating artist I am, this is never enough! Why do illustrators always set such high standards for themselves? :P

Anyway, on a less maudlin note, above are a few pages from my current sketchbook. I'm a big fan of packing the pages with as much as possible and just trying to switch off while I doodle as I find that's where a lot of images I go on to ink and colour come from. I'd feel really lost without a sketchbook at the moment and even if I'm not drawing in it all the time, it has to come with me everywhere! I'd like to see if anyone can guess what films Things From Films are referencing. I know there are more of us film freaks out there!

2 comments:

  1. I love your illustrations...they brighten up my day hehe :-) sounds like you've achieved alot so far so give yourself some credit miss!

    I'm about as far away from being a film buff as you can get, so not much good asking me to guess film references...I'll risk an attempt...is the first one to do with Lord of the Rings? Apologies if I'm wrong!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! I'm glad they make you chuckle! I know I should give myself more credit but easier to be hard on myself! :P

    Correct! And don't apologize - no need for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails