Tuesday 26 January 2010

Starman and Stargate!



Here are two new commissions I recently worked on: JSA Starman and Teal'c from Stargate. In a move of extreme idiocy on my part, I totally forgot to scan them in before sending them off so these are the best pics I have! I really really enjoy making these characters for people for a couple of reasons: I'm always surprised by what people want as most of the time as they're characters I would never really think to do and so are all the more challenging and fun; the people I get these commissions from are always extremely nice and a pleasure to work with. A lot of them are comic fans I've met at cons or friends of comic fans who have had commissions from me and passed on the word. Having worked in a comic shop for nearly four years (I left in 2007 just before I went to Japan) I always get a pang of sadness when I get commissions like this as I realise how much I sometimes do miss working in the environment. It's still great to go to cons though and I think I've opened up a whole new market for myself in making these. I really need to get pimping on some comic related sites!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! You really nailed Starman. Can't wait to hang it up:)

    And that Teal'c is so cool. He was always my favorite character from the show.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails